1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: VBA Dynamic Form

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by MothFeatures, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MothFeatures

MothFeatures Thread Starter

Hi guys and gals,

I've been given a semi-dynamic form in Access and I need a bit of help modifying it. The form (in design view) has a row assigned to a record in a database. The row contains 54 text boxes that are assigned as controls for fields in that record. So when the form loads there are 10,584(ish) boxes. The control part I'm not having a problem with, I've got that checking for unique values in that row etc etc etc, but the guy that handed it over wants the format of the text box to change some format (such as a change in colour) depending on which number is entered. With the way that the form is layed out this changes the text box in that column for EVERY record. I need a way to uniquely name the boxes in each row, so that I can reference them individually without having to individually create 10,000+ boxes... Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance

~MF

2. MothFeatures

MothFeatures Thread Starter

Self-solve! Yay!

For anyone reading this and thinking "I could do with a solution similar to this", in design view right click your control and select 'conditional formatting...'. I hope this helps.

~MF

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!