1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: verification emails never arrive from gmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Shortcutter, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shortcutter

Shortcutter Thread Starter

I have set up a gmail account recently. I changed my password and waited for the verification email.
    It never arrived. I have checked Spam and Trash and Inbox and also my other server, BT Yahoo but
    there is no sign of it.

Any ideas what else I could do ?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8122 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 478823 MB, Free - 421872 MB; M: Total - 463041 MB, Free - 449573 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, B75MA-E33 (MS-7808)
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    make sure the email address for the verification is correct.

3. Shortcutter

Shortcutter Thread Starter

Thanks for reply. I had checked the address. I have since closed down Windows Live and set up an account with Thunderbird/Gandi. I found the verification email from gmail on my mobile. So I am now running Thunderbird with gmail. I have a lot of emails on BT Yahoo which I would like to transfer to gmail.
    It is the BY Yahoo verification emails that are not arriving. They keep asking me for a new password, and then refuse to recognise it when I have changed it. In the beginning I think I just expected things to be adjusted too quickly. At the moment however, some Yahoo pages are accepting the new password and some not so I am going to get rid of Yahoo as soon as I can sort out which emails I need to copy. I have them on a hard drive up to 29th May so it isn`t too bad.

Thankyou for your reply.. One thing that is still confusing me - can I have more than one default email address. My present default is a Yahoo one (a sub account of my husband`s main BT Yahoo one). Should I make the gmail address a default and/or can I also have a Thunderbird default email address. Or does one default take precedence ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!