Solved: verison dsl

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

t bone

i've been checking out the dsl 14.95 per month deal verison is offering for my parents home,
anyone have any first hand thoughts on the service ...pro's and con's?

You'll never regret going to broadband!

If you can afford it and you do a lot of downloading, you might look into Verizon's premium services. The $14.95 offer only gets you the basic DSL... there are faster packages available.

The $14.95 DSL deal from Verizon is the slowest version of their DSL packages. I have the 3M/768K ADSL and have never had a reason to complain. The $14.95 deal gives you 768K down/128K up. It's a helluva good deal... and beats dial-up all to hell!

Just make sure you secure your parents' computer properly... firewall, anti-virus, etc. Remember DSL is an "always on" connection, unlike dial-up.

Luck!

~Eric

t bone

thanks for the input
i just want to be able to call them if there online...so i'll prob. go with the basic.
thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online