1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Verizon internet randmly loses conecton

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ajdude66, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ajdude66

ajdude66 Thread Starter

I have Verizon Internet with a Westell 7500 modem and i will randomly lose internet connection for about 2-3 minutes.(To get the internet back i have to turn the mdem off, wait 30-seconds and turn it back on.) What happens is the DSL light will start to blink and the internet light will go off then DSL will go back to solid. I called verizon( 9 times), each time they told me to do something diffrent and nothing fixed it. They sent me a new modem and it still did not help. Please help me fix this problem :)

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Welcome to TSG:
    This does really sound like a modem or ISP problem
    Is there any consistency as to when in the day this normally happens.
    can I assume that this is a wired connection directly to the modem ?
    About the only thing from your end,that I can think of is,see if there are any more current drivers for your network adapters.Don't think this is the problem,but give it a try.

3. ajdude66

ajdude66 Thread Starter

Not really a pattern, ushally if it does happen it will keep happening for about 1-2 hours but today it has bee going for 7 hours continiously

4. pedroguy

pedroguy

While it's down,Think I would call Verizon,demand escalation.If the line is down,they should be able to figure that out.This just does not seem like a pc problem.
    How are you accessing the net now ?

5. ajdude66

ajdude66 Thread Starter

It will work for 1-3 minutes and before i click continue or go to a diffrent website i check to see if it is still connected, i did what you said and updated my drivers and it seems to be working now, but i doubt that my drivers would be out dated every time a new day starts, the thing with verizon is when you call them you have to do the automatic voice activated thing and it takes 15-20 minutes and by that time it is back up.

Seems to still be happening 6 hours after update.

well after the 10th time of calling and about the 20th line test they said something was wrong so they wil send a teck guy tommorow and ill see how it goes

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/845467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice