1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Verizon Mobile Broadband Internet Connection Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by n18smg, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n18smg

n18smg Thread Starter

I have a Verizon Mobile Broadband USB760 Card which is connected to a Windows 7 Laptop. The mobile broadband device is shared with the local area connection on Internet Connection Sharing tab under properties of the mobile broadband device. The Ethernet cable is going to the WAN port of a Netgear WNR2000 wireless router. I have set the basic setting screen of the router webpage to the same ip addresses, dns servers, subnet masks, and gateway of the laptop. The ip address of the local area connection of the laptop is 169.254.25.143 and the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0. These settings are automatically acquired from the TCP/IP version 4 protocol. The WAN IP address for the router is 169.254.25.144 and the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0. The DNS server and the gateway setting of the router are both set to 169.254.25.143.

The problem that I am having is that a week ago it worked perfectly but now it does not work at all. I have not changed any settings on the router or the laptop. I have also checked to make sure the device was still shared with the local area connection. What I have noticed is that only www.google.com will load. Attempting to load another website will just say waiting for www.?.com. The ? is any websites that I attempt to load like live.com, xbox.com, yahoo.com, or facebook.com. Also, any webpage will load on the laptop which the mobile broadband device is connected to. So, I do not know if it is the Internet Connection Sharing service or the settings of the router.

Any help will be appreciated, Kenny.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice