1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Very Very slow internet connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Azoz, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Azoz

Azoz Thread Starter

Hello , i just bought a new pc and when i installed windows vista on it and tried connecting to the internet it was very very slow i tried installing firefox and it's still slow i tried updating my network card using several new and old drivers and it's still slow ! i did almost everything that i found and it's still very very slow download speed is 1 - 2 KB/ps so i thought the internet was slow but when i tried the other pc's they were really fast and the download speed was the average 200-250 KB/ps i thought that the problem was from my os so i uninstalled vista and installed windows 7 build 7100 and i still suffer from the same problem i hope that i find my soloution here.

2. blitzkreig

blitzkreig

Hi Azoz,
    Welcome to TSG.
    Since you have purchased a new computer, I would recommend running a virus scan. Yes, it is weird. However, even brand new computers seem to contain viruses.
    So disconnect from the internet, run a scan with you AV or Internet security and report here if anything is found.

3. Azoz

Azoz Thread Starter

Hey srprashant , i scanned my pc using Bitdefender internet security 2009 , Malwarebytes anti-malware , Spybot S&D and super anti spyware and everyhing was clean except the malwarebytes scan it detected 1 item and the log is in the attachment below , and i removied the virus and the problem still presits but thanks a lot for trying to help :)

Attached Files:

4. blitzkreig

blitzkreig

Did you contact your ISP?
    Are the drivers you installed the latest version? are they compatible with windows vista and windows 7?

5. Azoz

Azoz Thread Starter

Well the first I driver I tried was the one automaticly installed by windows 7 and when I saw that the problem is still there I downloaded the latest driver from my motherboard's website but it's not 7 compatible I will scan using ccleaner as soon as I get back home and post the results

Posted via Mobile Device

6. Azoz

Azoz Thread Starter

Seems like some posts were deleted never mind that , as i mentioned when i had vista i tried a lot of drivers and they were all vista compatible and the problem was still there and then i installed 7 and it automaticlly installed a driver and the problem was still there but i couldn't find any drivers that are compatible with windows 7 other than the one installed

7. blitzkreig

blitzkreig

did you run ccleaner?
    Also did you try contacting your ISP?

8. Azoz

Azoz Thread Starter

Yes I did still same problem and it's not from the isp because the other pc's on the same network are fast it's only mine that is slow
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Azoz

Azoz Thread Starter

yes I did but the problem is still there and I am sure it's not from the isp because all the other pc's on the same network are connecting to the internet without any problems Posted via Mobile Device

10. blitzkreig

blitzkreig

could you tell us more about the current driver you are using?
    The name and the version?

11. Azoz

Azoz Thread Starter

I solved the problem at last by buying a wireless usb adapter and i am sure now that the problem is from the network card a factory fault maybe

thanks srprashant for your help i really appreciate it !

12. blitzkreig

blitzkreig

You're quite welcome.
    But I never really did much.

Please mark this thread as solved.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/829837