1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Video buffering

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ttiimm, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ttiimm

ttiimm Thread Starter

How do I stop the video buffering on my laptop. The start and stopping is very agravating.

2. luky

luky

are you referring to online videos - like youtube / etc.,etc..?
    if so check to see if you have the latest adobe flash player version ....
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

also check your version of java to make sure that you have the latest ...
    http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

another thing to note that might help - is if you let the video buffer all the way before watchig it.
    what i mean by this is - when the video starts hit pause and let that little bar thats usually visible at the bottom of the players window, reach all the to the end.
    then un-pause and it should play a little smoother.

also try not too have too many things going all at once since your machine might not be able to process the vid as well as a bunch of other tasks / apps all at once.

3. ttiimm

ttiimm Thread Starter

Thank you for the info. I checked my adobe flash player and I do have the latest version installed but I did not have the latest version of the java script. I downloaded it sucessfully and I will let you know how it works. :)

4. ttiimm

ttiimm Thread Starter

LUKY .....Thank you, thank you, thank you. After I downloaded the Java, the results were not that good right away but after about a day, the final results are amazing. Sure....there is still a little buffering, but compared to what it was, it is almost nonexistiant. I just finished watching one of my favorite videos on You Tube with no interuptions from begining to end. That has never happened. Watching videos is one of my favorite things to do, so this really is great! Once again, THANK YOU and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5. Deacon2009

Deacon2009

I've tried downloading the latest versions. My computer tells me that I have all the latest versions. But I still have the problem of my videos stopping constantly throughout the video. It takes me 15 min. to watch a 3 min video. Please help!!!:(

6. ttiimm

ttiimm Thread Starter

Deacon2009 ..... I am so sorry to read about you delima with the video buffering. I know so very well what you are going through along with the agravation you are experiencing. I don't know what to tell you to do. I am so very grateful that what LUKY told me to do worked. It did not work right away, but after about 24 hours, it worked perfectly and is still doing just great. I take my laptop to the Geek Squad at Best Buy sometimes to help me out in sitituations and their service has always been free. Hope you can find a working solution soon. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

7. Deacon2009

Deacon2009

ttiimm: Thank you for the information. I'll try the Geek Squad. Question did you buy your computer at Best Buy?

8. ttiimm

ttiimm Thread Starter

Yes....I did buy my computer at Best Buy, but I still think that they help everyone regaredless of where you purchased your computer.(y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice