1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Video Card Driver Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lisakmusco, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lisakmusco

lisakmusco Thread Starter

I have a Visiontek Xtasy 9200 card and believe I need to update the driver, but when I get to the page to download, I am not sure which one to select. Can someone guide me? Here's the page with all the choices: http://www.visiontek.com/

Catalyst 5.12 Drivers - Windows 2000/XP/Media Center Edition
    Package Download Ver. Download Link File Size (KB/MB) Date Posted Notes
    Catalyst Control Center Package
    5.12 Download 54MB 12/09/05 Includes: Display driver, WDM, and Catalyst Control Center
    Control Panel Package 5.12 Download 33MB 12/09/05 Includes: Display driver, WDM, and Control Panel
    Description Ver. Download Link File Size (KB/MB) Date Posted Notes
    ATI Display Driver 5.12 Download
    1 of 3
    13.1MB 12/09/05 2D/3D Display Driver
    Control Panel 5.12 Download
    2 of 3 10.9MB 12/09/05 Control Panel
    Catalyst Control Center 5.12 Download
    2 of 3 32.4MB 12/09/05 Catalyst Control Center
    WDM 5.12 Download 5.01MB 12/09/05 For X850 / X800 cards that have Video Capture Chip

Instructions:
    · For details on this driver, including resolved issues, please review the RELEASE NOTES.

Notes:
    · VisionTek recommends Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher to be installed.
    · You must have Microsoft .NET Framework installed prior to downloading and installing the CATALYST Control Center
    · The Catalyst Uninstaller is an optional download. We recommend using this utility to uninstall any previously installed Catalyst drivers prior to installation.
    · Drivers available for download at www.ati.com are compatible with all VisionTek ATI based graphics cards.
    · You must use the Catalyst Control Center with the X1300, X1600, and X1800
    · You can only use either the ATI Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center. Do not install both programs.

Supported video cards
    XTASY 7k series (all)
    XTASY 9100 series (all)
    XTASY 9200 series (all)
    XTASY 9250 series (all)
    XTASY 9500 series (all)
    XTASY 9550 series (all)
    XTASY 9600 series (all)
    XTASY 9800 series (all)
    XTASY X300 series (all)
    XTASY X550 series (all)
    XTASY X600 series (all)
    XTASY X700 series (all)
    XTASY X800 series (all)
    XTASY X850 series (all)
    XTASY X1300 series (all)
    XTASY X1800 series (all)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

ATI has a newer driver out, Catalyst 5.13. Visiontek only posts a link to the same driver that ATI provides so I'd always get the one from the ATI website as it may be newer, as in this case.

Here's the link: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=640

They offer two different downloads for the same driver. One is the full package and the other is just broken up into three parts for dial-up users with slow connections.

So you'd want the: High Speed (Cable / DSL) Catalyst Control Center Package Download 1 of 1 34.2 12/21/05 Display and WDM Drivers included in this bundle

3. lisakmusco

lisakmusco Thread Starter

Thank you - that makes alot more sense.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/429842