Solved: Video Card Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dbailey18

:confused: Can and have come to the place for all my needs for now and hope I have the ability to help someone in turn but here is my ? have a video card that is going bad do I uninstall it first or diable it in device manger and then before I reboot do I do a application recovery to reinstall my onboard drivers that were in place before i installed my AGP card and install those drivers before I do a re-boot ?

Rukee

Banned
if it`s the same brand Nvidia card, just shut down and swap the cards. If it`s an ATI to NVidia, or the other way around, then remove the drivers from the control panel then shut down and swap, reboot and load the new drivers.

dbailey18

Sorry Rukee I guess I wasn't to clear on what I was about to do but my system did not have a installed card everything ran from the motherboard I installed the presant card which is starting to fail me so I want to remove the bad card with out losing my video and replace it with the on board video which came preinstalled with this system. On board video was Integrated VIA UniChrome

Rukee

Banned
then you should be able to just shut down, remove the video card, plug the monitor cable into the motherboard VGA connecter and it should take right off. If it doesn`t, put the video card back in and enter the BIOS, poke around for an on-board video option and enable it, then save and exit, shut down, remove the card and switch the cable and restart.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online