1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Video Card Recomdations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Elite98, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Elite98

Elite98 Thread Starter

Hello, So I seriously need to update my Nvidia GeForce FX5500 256MB PCI Graphics card but don't know what to get or what my computer can use..Specs should be included already as I filled out the computer spec thing when I registered. I want to play newer games and I'm pretty sure the fx5500 can't handle them. For example, I just put in two 1GB Ram sticks in and Need For Speed Prostreet demo is extremely slow, jerky and doesn't respond to controls very quickly.

Thanks for any who help out.

2. SiKPupE

SiKPupE

Sounds like your card uses an AGP slot to plug into. So you'll need to make sure that the card you buy will fit into an AGP slot. These are being phased out in favour for PCI-e slots. Try getting your hands on a Geforce 7600 GT graphics card. It should suit your needs just fine. You might need to look around as AGP cards are slowley disapearing.

3. Elite98

Elite98 Thread Starter

After a little research I ended up with the 256 MB EVGA GeForce 7600GS

Thanks for the tip

4. mclarenvj

mclarenvj

mark this thread as solved by going to the top right of the thread and selecting thread tools and then Mark Thread as Solved.
    Thank you

5. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice