1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Video Controller Found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by norton850, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. norton850

norton850 Thread Starter

I have been working on a system with an ASUS A7N8X-X MB and ATI Radeon 9550 video card. It had the config/system32 not found error. The repair didn't work nor did a repair install so I just reformatted and reinstalled XP, chipset drivers, video drivers etc. All went well and I was about to unplug it and get ready to give it back to the owner when I decided just to take a look in Device Manager. Under other devices there is a video controller listed with the question mark.

No onboard video with this MB and the video card is listed as working and seems to working fine. I tried uninstalling the "video controller" and the video card and rebooted. The video card was found and reinstalled. The video controller was also found and not reinstalled since no driver is found.

Any ideas as to what is being found as a video controller?

2. norton850

norton850 Thread Starter

3. norton850

norton850 Thread Starter

One more time please

4. norton850

norton850 Thread Starter

Not really solved. But since no one had any ideas I just disabled the "video controller" and gave it back. As stated everything else to do with video seems to installed and working correctly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice