1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Video Download

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Elyk, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

I have recently attended a Future Business Leaders of America conference. There was an awards ceremony that some students from my school were in that was taped and put on the website (pafbla.org). I clicked the links to view it and, eventually, it popped up in a separate window. However, this inhibits me from downloading it.

Is there any software that can help me out? Or maybe a method I'm missing?

I've tried with Firefox's media download plugin and got nothing.

2. oksteve

oksteve

3. terrawarra

terrawarra

4. bobelinho

bobelinho

Internet Download Manager is able to download emended videos also. It includes a plug in for Firefox and when you move the mouse over the video window, the download option appears.

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

Why not just use the one built into realplayer, i know its pretty much a phased out player but it has a media downloader that works quite well. www.real.com

6. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

Orbit Downloader seems to work just fine. I like it. I only wish the video wasn't 200 minutes long! But, it should be done sometime this month.

Thanks.

7. terrawarra

terrawarra

Well done Elyk,.. another happy ending despite the download speed which can be compared to a speeding glacier.
    This is probably a little bit off-topic but if you are planning any future video searching and downloading from any site,..( 'cos YouTube aint the only one despite its popularity. )
    This freebie by Ashampoo called "ClipFinder", will search around 14 different video sites simultaneously and show all results on the one screen with thumbnails to give you a glimpse at what is on offer.

http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-ClipFinder-HD/3000-13632_4-10654066.html

8. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

I'll check it out. I only had trouble downloading this particular video because the organization set it up as privately as possible.

But thanks for the suggestion.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice