Solved: Video/Graphics Card Errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

purpldrgn1956b

I have a Dell 4550 with XP Home Service Pack 2
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.66GHz
2.66GHZ, 512 MB of RAM
The video card is 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9700

Just recently I have been getting error messages when I try to play games I have had for a long time and never had any problems before...

They seem to have to do with 3D or maybe Direct X...maybe its the drivers..whatever it is I don't know what, or how to fix...

Here are some of the error messages I get:

~Unable to initialize DirectX drivers. It is most probably caused by a video or DirectX drivers which are outdated or not installed properly or insufficient video card capabilities. Please note that the game requires #D-accelerated video card with 8MB or more video RAM and properly installed video drivers (most recent version) and DirectX 8.0 or higher to launch.~

~Default video card doesn't support stensil buffer.~

~No compatible display devices found.~

These error messages came from 3 different games...that I have played many times before.

:(:(:(:(:(

purpldrgn1956b

TY... I tried your suggestion...but didn't work

I got this error message during install...

~~Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system~~~

Any more suggestions please...this is driving me crazy!!!!:mad:

Triple6

Rob
It should just be a software/driver issue.

Go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, uninstall any current ATI video drivers, and reboot as requested. Then download and run Driver Sweeper to clean out any ATI files: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655 Also go to Device Manager and uninstall the video adapter there and reboot. When the Add New Hardware Wizard pops up just keep hitting Next and Finish until it completes even if it doesn't find a suitable driver. Then try reinstalling that same driver you downloaded from ATI again.

purpldrgn1956b

TY SO VERY MUCH TRIPLE6!!! This seems to have fixed the problem...
I appreciate your help so much and for having this website! It is a great service ~~~

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online