(Solved) Video problem windows 98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gmuns65

Just got a computer and it was from the company i work for. They had to clear the hard drive inorder for me to have it. Everything works fine but can only get 16 color with 640 by 480 resolution.The screen looks awful. Have tried different drivers but with no luck. My video card is integrated to the mother board.Windows is saying it is a standard vga. Can I just install a new video card in an expansion slot to avoid this major headache?:mad:

Download Aida32 , open the motherboard link and report back the make and model so i can get the drivers..

gmuns65

Mother Board id: DMI
Make: Deskpro
Took this info after i dloaded what you asked

gmuns65

Also Device manager doesnt say it is a intel video adapter it just calls it standard vga adapter

gmuns65

Thank you again am trying that now but it sounds like the name of a driver i have on compaq restoration disk we will see.

Thats the chipset driver so it will work, same as mine so it was easy..

gmuns65

That worked super thank you so much. I only lost 12 hrs trying to get it.

Excellent, now one more thing , please click the report button on the top of this post and ask for it to be marked as solved...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online