1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Video Problems at Windows Login

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YellowJello, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. YellowJello

YellowJello Thread Starter

I've been trying for a good while now to get my video card working again, but nothing seems to work. I've installed all the drivers, removed them all, and reinstalled them, and nothing seems to be changing anything.

What happens is everything is working fine, I see the boot info, then I see the Windows XP loading screen with the blue blocks going across the screen. After that, the screen goes blank for a second and then it comes up with a black screen (not off, just blank) with two dots in the top left hand corner, both are two pixels long and are red and yellow, and spaced apart. I'm not sure what the problem is because everything works in safe mode. I'm making this thread in safe mode with networking as a matter of fact. The computer itself is still functioning, if I press enter I hear it logging into whatever account I clicked on. So please, any help would be great.

System Specifications
    CPU: 2.8 GHz Multicore Processor (crossthreaded)
    GPU: ATi Radeon 9250
    RAM: 1 GB

2. icmpechome

icmpechome

Hi YellowJello,

This thread is marked solved. Did you solve it yourself? What fixed it for you?

3. YellowJello

YellowJello Thread Starter

As it turns out, I had to go to my device manager and disable the drivers for my integrated chip. After that everything was back to normal.

4. icmpechome

icmpechome

Thanks. That's good info. Normally, I'd disable an integrated video card in bios.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice