1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Videos difficult to play from hard drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by marianne, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marianne

marianne Thread Starter

I don't know what question to ask about this. I tried on another forum but wasn't understood. When I try to play videos from my hard drive I get message "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive.

This happened after I saved some videos to a cd. How do I correct this. I happens with all my videos now. Eventually they will play after hitting cancel or continue over a dozen times.

Thanks,
    Marianne

2. Jimmy the Hand

Jimmy the Hand

I think it was a habit of older Excel versions that if you saved your work to floppy then closed the application, the next time you wanted to open the application, it demanded a floppy inside the flexible disk driver, otherwise it wouldn't run. This might be a similar case, especially if Microsoft is involved. :)

So I suggest that you put a CD into the CD-ROM, preferably one that contains video files.
    Open the video player software. If will probably spin up the CD. Then use the player software's File/Open command to open a video file from hard disk. Or, it may be best if you save a video file to hard disk. This should replace the "last used folder" in the mind of the player software. Exit software, eject CD, try opening a video file by doubleclicking on it in explorer.

3. marianne

marianne Thread Starter

Well I tried opening from cd and that gave me the same message and I had to hit the canel button on dialog box over 50 times to get the box to close. Even ctrl alt del wouldn't allow me to end and close that box. No matter what I do now I get that dialog box unless I right click to open with another program such as real player. The videos were taken with Koday Easyshare p850. Quick time is the program that normally opens and plays but not now.

Thanks,
    Marianne

4. Jimmy the Hand

Jimmy the Hand

Looks like this evil Quicktime plays tricks on you. Have you tried reinstalling it?
    By the way, if your videos aren't in a special quicktime format, I'd suggest to replace it with a more friendly and versatile player application.

5. marianne

marianne Thread Starter

Thanks loads. Uninstalling Quick time and reinstalling did the trick!

Marianne

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice