1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Videos play with a blue screen in media player

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Enthoozed, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enthoozed

Enthoozed Thread Starter

:confused: Any video I try and play comes up with a solid blue screen. I tried opening them with the old and newer version of windows media player and neither work. Also tried watching a dvd with AVS dvd player and even THAT doesn't work, has the same blue screen. I have no clue how this happened. The only thing I did recently is download the 60 day trial version of Microsoft office so I could update my resume with Word. Could the download have caused a problem?

2. Ruthers

Ruthers

Highly Highly Unlikely but the only suggestion i can make would be codecs could be missing. although that wouldnt result in a solid blue screen. so na im not sure

3. Enthoozed

Enthoozed Thread Starter

Oh wait, now it's working! I closed out everything I had open and tried some mpegs again and now they work. That was weird. I'm going to try and delete this thread, otherwise i'll mark it as solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice