1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: view size

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by MRBEE, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MRBEE

MRBEE Thread Starter

I have an ancient Q&A database, DOS program, which I very recently installed in a new computer with XP pro O.S. I used it successfully with my previous computer, which also used XP Pro as its O.S.

It now works on my new computer EXCEPT for the size of the view. It only covers the upper half of the screen. I haven't been able to change the size. I've tried changing the resolution, that doesn't work. I've fiddled around with the tools in the Q&A program -- no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

If you are using a DOS program within a window on your Windows desktop, you are going to be limited to the font size and the properties pertaining to the number of lines and columns.

Instead, switch over to full screen display by holding down <Alt> and then pressing the <Enter> key. Also referred to as Alt+Enter.

Alt+Enter toggles the display between full screen and the DOS in a window.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What Chuck is talking about is the Properties Window for the DOS screen, you can change the Font size and it'll change the size of the whole Window. As mentioned, you can also run full-screen, though that might annoy you switching to and from the application with the reset of the video adapter. See the following two examples:

Attached Files:

• dos.jpg
      dos.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    • dos2.jpg
      dos2.jpg
      File size:
      36.3 KB
      Views:
  4. MRBEE

MRBEE Thread Starter

(y) My thanks to both you guys. The alt+enter works perfectly, and doesn't annoy me at all.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/499262