1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Viewing images in windows explorer - sorting by 'picture taken on'

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by cidadededeus, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cidadededeus

cidadededeus Thread Starter

OK, so i put a whole load of pictures taken on the same night with different cameras into a folder, but the different cameras give the pictures different names and as such theyre all sorted in a silly order, just by name.
    I know that by right-clicking and selecting 'arrange icons by> picture taken on' would sort out the problem...but for some reason when i right-click its not one of the options! Anyone know how to get that option back? The folder is customised as a photos folder...and only contains jpeg images, so i don't understand why i cant choose to arrange them by picture taken on, when i can do it in other similar folders! :confused:

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

You sound suprised... that puzzles me... Why would you put images from different cameras in the same folder...Hate to say, but it's beyond me

Make a folder for each camera... then copy and paste to the cameras folder

buck

3. Knotbored

Knotbored

right click on that toolbar (or whatever its called) that says "NAME SIZE TYPE MODIFIED"
    choose whatever additional column you want-note the list also says MORE to get about 30 different column types.
    Once you have the option you want, then click on that column name (probably the MODIFIED column) to list the pictures by date/time.
    But note not everyone is careful setting camera calender to the exactly same clock time and often don't fix it for daylight time or for leap years.

4. cidadededeus

cidadededeus Thread Starter

great, all sorted as i wanted them, thankyou!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/468632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice