1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Village hall Booking database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by over40plus, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. over40plus

over40plus Thread Starter

Hi you good people I have been asked to create a dB for bookings at our local Village hall i am a Volunteer do the accounts retired bookkeeper.

My own thoughts are to work with 3 tables

Table One Clients Auto Number primary key

Table 2 Bookings Auto number primary key

Table 3 Accounts not sure

How will the relationships work my knowlwdge of access is so limited also at 65 i am not as quick as i was any help i would be most grateful

2. OBP

OBP

over40plus, would you like me to create a quick database for you?
    I would suggest a table of "events", ie reasons for booking the hall.
    Also what periods do the bookings cover?
    All day, half day, evening, weekend etc

3. over40plus

I would be most grateful if you can create this for me,

The bookings are very varied from mornings, afternoons evenings, for all sorts of activities ie playgroup. dancing, short mat bowling, weddings, parties the time scale is from an all day booking to perhaps a couple of hours and the prices vary for different organisations sorry for being a little vague but I am a retired accountant so my Knowledge of access is very limited but hey hey i will give it a go

4. OBP

OBP

OK, I created one a few years ago for a church. In that one I provided the ability to enter "Multiple" bookings, ie Cubs for Saturday Afternoon for 6 weeks. Would they want that sort of facility?

5. over40plus

yes you are certainly understanding our needs, we are fighting to keep it open, and if I can help in anyway i will

Once again thank you

6. OBP

OBP

OK, I will make a start, you can help if you have any lists of organisations that might use the hall?
    Do you just want entries by day, or do you want something like Outlook Calendar where you have say Hourly slots?

Do they have a Standard Charge? Do the Charges change?

7. over40plus

Various groups use the hall

dancing, weddings, weightwatchers, cubs, WI.

The charges vary for different types of organisations if it is being used for commercial use the charges are Higher, if they have a licenced bar, coffee kitchen, these all add to the charge

The main hall is charged on an hourly Rate
    And the all the others are a set rate

Once again Thank you

8. OBP

OBP

OK we will need something to trigger those changes, for a start we will add a "Commercial" tick box. Are the differences shown using a sort of a percentage Discount or increase?
    We will also need to note on the booking whether or not the Bar or kitchen are used as well.

9. over40plus

No it is a set price per hour for commercial. or other

10. OBP

OBP

Can you email me a price list?

11. OBP

OBP

Can you answer my question at post #6 "Do you just want entries by day, or do you want something like Outlook Calendar where you have say Hourly slots?" as it controls the design of the tables and forms please?

12. over40plus

The prices are not standard at all depends on organisation, if it is for charity etc

13. over40plus

Outlook Calandar is best that way we can work on an hourly and daily basis thank you

14. OBP

OBP

Will they need hourly subdivisions, like every 15 minutes, or do go by the actual Hour?
    OK for now I will add a Charge Field to the Organisation Table so that we can put them in there.

15. over40plus

always by the hour thank you so much i had got so far but could not relate my tables this is when my lack of understanding access lets me down

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice