Solved: vintage pioneer receiver SX1010

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sslome

This receiver has A,B, and C speakers. only two of them work. any advice?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi sslome, and welcome to TSG,

A quick look at the schematic diagrams for the SX1010 seems to show some type deliberate electrical interlocking of the speaker switches to permit only two sets of speakers to be enabled at any one time.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Now it looks like you can have 3 set of speakers.

instruction/owners manual

service manual
FYI, Both links result in:
System Message

The file appears to have been called from an unauthorized website.

Only links called directly from pages on the Vinyl Engine or HiFi Engine websites can be processed. If you have received this message after following a link from one of these sites, please report the problem in the download section of the forum.
The SX-1010 does have three sets of speaker outputs. However, the speaker select push buttons are wired such that not all three can be selected at the same time.

EDIT:
I am attaching a section of the SX-1010's schematic diagram, showing the speaker switch wiring. I color coded some of the signal paths. The only way to get signal to any of the speakers is if at least one of the speaker selectors switches is in the "Off" position.

Attachments

Thanks Chuck.

I thought the links would work but forgot to delete the cookies.

I joined the site to get to things.

sslome

Thanks, I needed to know if it was a problem because I am going to be selling the unit soon.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online