Solved: Viper car alarm

Raeli

I've got a Viper car alarm (model 500?), installed 1997, and I've lost the instructions.

When I recently brought my car to the mechanic he disabled the alarm, now it locks the doors only when the button is pushed, and it doesn't beep. I want to reset the system to auto-lock and beep.

Can anyone help me?

this used to work for me on my rattler alarm which made by viper.

start car
open drivers door
turn off car remove key
leave door open
press left button, then right button, then left button
close door and try to arm

hope it works for ya

Raeli said:
I've got a Viper car alarm (model 500?), installed 1997, and I've lost the instructions.
Can anyone help me?
The burning question is.........do you own a Viper to go along with the alarm ??? :) ;)

CoasterFreak

Everett
HAHA.

Anyway, for instructions, visit www.viper.com or www..dei.com

I know a little about DEI Alarms (my mom has gone through 2 of them), now when u say he disabled the alarm, you mean he disabled its anti-theft features and left you with Keyless Entry?? If so, then go ahead and do what jman said.

If jman's instructions don't work, you can try re-programming the system (if you don't find it in the manual) Post back if you want programming instructions.

Raeli

moonmist said:
The burning question is.........do you own a Viper to go along with the alarm ??? :) ;)
Well, some have referred to it as a python, but I'm not one to brag. :p

Oh, wait, you were talking about my car, weren't you? ;) :cool:

Raeli

Thanks, Jman, it worked!

Thank you thugedout for the links and offer of more help.

And Moonie? Thanks just for stoppping by! (y)

Raeli said:
Well, some have referred to it as a python, but I'm not one to brag. :p

Oh, wait, you were talking about my car, weren't you? ;) :cool:
Werent you??? :eek:

i got a 1994 jeep wrangler i got it sencond hand it has a viper alaram started just fine for the last years but now since its got cold outside wont start just cranks with no check engine light if you can get the check engine light on fires right up now to the question at hand does viper make an alaram that would cause this to happen if so how do i fix

I thought it was Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B,A,B,A Select start...

ohh wait.. nevermind :)

I have an older Viper alarm purchased in 1996. Recently I set the alarm off while in the car with the keys in the ignition. I hastely pushed the buttons on the remote to silence the alarm but fat fingured the remote in such a way that now when my alarm activates it also locks my doors. I want to disable the auto lock feature but don't have a clue how to do that.
Can anyone help? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online