1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: virtualbox Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Grob needs help, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Grob needs help

Grob needs help Thread Starter

hi i have been trying to get virtualbox to run without success.
    it will not let the vm start-up and produces the error message saying Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)
    it tells me to
    Code:
    [COLOR=#0000FF]sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup[/COLOR]
    but when i run this it just retuns to a new line without doing anything. i have checked the init.d folder to ensure the file is there which it is but i still cant get it to run.
    i have looked around the Internet but i have not seen this issue come up before. any guidance would be very helpful as i am scratching my head as to why it does not work.
    i am running ubuntu 12.04 lts

thanks in advance
    Rob

2. arochester

arochester

3. Grob needs help

Grob needs help Thread Starter

for reasons unknown to me doing this worked. strange it did not work the last 100 times i tried installing it.

thanks for all your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063052