(Solved) virus application??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

darkgodessuk

can anyone please help?

Simple question....

downloaded file from email from someone thought it was off friend but not, was screensaver application but when i checked again it has a virus!!!!

I have NOT open this application! can I just delete this application or have I already been infected?

Thanks
Dark

If you have not double-clicked and run the application, you are uninfected.

If your AV program warned you it was a virus, that also means its been detected and it should have isolated it as well.

Delete the file, empty your recycle bin. Keep your AV program up to date, you should be fine.

Well done on identifying it as well, you are quite astute.

As he said, delete it. Update your antivirus then do a full scan after deletion for peace of mind.

darkgodessuk

Thanks Guys

I've deleted it! thought that was all I had to do but I wanted to make sure

Thanks again
Dark

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online