1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Virus problem?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by It never ends, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. It never ends

It never ends Thread Starter

Recently started getting extra add-ons, a warning of a virus, and cannot set my home page. I'm assuming that it's because of the virus, but am not sure how to get ride of the virus. Have Avast 4 Home antivirus protection. Not sure if this is the correct forum to post my thread. Whenever I go into internet options and type in my homepage address, it doesn't hold. It keeps changing back to aboutblank:,no matter how many times I change it back. Please help wherever you can.

2. Benny Bumble

Benny Bumble

Are you cliking "apply" then "OK". Do you have Norton preventing you from changing it?
    Ben

3. Benny Bumble

Benny Bumble

After re-reading your post type your desired homepage into your address bar>go there then use "internet optoions" to "use current". Does that work?
    Ben

4. It never ends

It never ends Thread Starter

When I type in my homepage and use current, the homepage address I want is fine,but when I go back to check afterward<internet options<"aboutblank: is back as the homepage again, even after clicking on apply, etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!