Solved: Virus problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

It never ends

Recently started getting extra add-ons, a warning of a virus, and cannot set my home page. I'm assuming that it's because of the virus, but am not sure how to get ride of the virus. Have Avast 4 Home antivirus protection. Not sure if this is the correct forum to post my thread. Whenever I go into internet options and type in my homepage address, it doesn't hold. It keeps changing back to aboutblank:,no matter how many times I change it back. Please help wherever you can.

After re-reading your post type your desired homepage into your address bar>go there then use "internet optoions" to "use current". Does that work?
Ben

It never ends

When I type in my homepage and use current, the homepage address I want is fine,but when I go back to check afterward<internet options<"aboutblank: is back as the homepage again, even after clicking on apply, etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online