1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vista 64x - IE7 wont download from HTTP

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by paulb100, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

ive just fresh installed the 64bit version of Vista dual-boot with 32x
    im trying to download in IE7 but it wont work it says it cant connect to any of the sites..
    these are sites I know work like firefox , download.com and majorgeeks

the only download that has worked was from ACER's ftp site

whats causing this? ive not been installed 5 minutes and already having problems with IE7 downloading and 5-in-1 Card Reader driver not installing....

THANKS

2. RevisionZero

RevisionZero

Umm thats a interesting one.

Can you load webpages? Cause it just sounds like you cant get a successful download.

Also I beleive Windows Vista comes with IE7... so not sure what your doing there, not trying to be rude =).

Hope to hear from you soon.

3. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

yes i was trying to download IN IE7 - I ended up with more problems - turns out the partition structure was damaged so ive formatted the partition and will re-install later - something went wrong when i created the partition for vista64x

4. RevisionZero

RevisionZero

Oh got ya, glad you got it working. Apologies for my mis-interpretation. Good Luck with Vista x64.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice