1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vista Aero Theme Not Loading

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cheifjunior, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cheifjunior

cheifjunior Thread Starter

Hi there,

I have been trying to change my theme for vista but i think i did something to the themes folder which lead to a corruption of the aero theme file. Now if i right click on the desktop and click on themes and select the Vista (Aero) theme in the drop down menu i get this message.

"The theme could not load. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. File C:\Windows\resources\Themes\aero.theme."

What this means i dont have a clue. Anyway ive been looking around and it seems my aero theme is like corrupt. Is there anyway i can get it back to its original form. Ive used system restore but that dosent go back far enough.

Help would be greatly appreciated here.

System Details are all in my Account Details, So you can check them out.

2. Jacee

Jacee

Right click on the aero.theme icon, choose properties.....does your's look the same as mine? (opens with: Windows Shell Commor)

[​IMG]

3. cheifjunior

Yes it does. Still is not working.

I think i may have deleted one the files which are critical for the theme to work, or maybe replaced it or moved it . I dont know

4. Jacee

Jacee

Do you have Quicktime enabled? How about a Google side bar?

5. cheifjunior

Thanks for your responses and efforts. They have been greatly appreciated.

I have solved the problem. Basically the actual theme files were corrupt, and therefore needed to be replace with the same but uncorrupted version of the theme. This was supplied by a good friend of mine who also has vista and the aero theme working.

A replacement of files solved the problem

Thanks anyhow :)

6. mcosta92

mcosta92

I am having the same problem, is it possible for you to somehow send me a clean copy of the theme, I don't know anyone else with Vista and im getting sick of the Basic theme im now stuck with :eek:

7. cheifjunior

To download an uncorrupt version of the theme please follow this link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/obka4k

unrar and save the file in your windows/resources/themes folder.

thanks

8. seincue

seincue

Can you reup your aero theme again?i think link is dead,i also got the same problem with this theme.thank you

9. cheifjunior

10. Me_Mario4

Me_Mario4

I found my problem i had stoped the Themes service :) sure thats not just ur problem to?

11. lawrence003

lawrence003

12. Me_Mario4

Me_Mario4

It might be the same as my problem.
    Go into taskmanager then services.
    Look for one named Themes, if its deactivated, activate it. That was my problem and i think i got the same error.

13. lawrence003

lawrence003

I have tried that and i saw that the service said stopped but when i pressed 'start service' it came up with another error saying 'This operation could not be completed, access is denied.' Any ideas???:confused:

14. Me_Mario4

Me_Mario4

You must have adminstrative rights to do it.... If you do have, I dont have a clue.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice