Solved: Vista and Realtek audio drivers...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sgaltair

Ok so I've had this problem before but now it doesn't seem to want to be fixed.

Windows Update installed Realtek audio drivers, which effectively disabled my sound altogether. Great. So I went looking for a fix. Apparently that fix is to download the Realtek '97 drivers, and install them, after uninstalling my previous driver. So I do that, but during the setup for the driver windows says it cannot verify the author blah blah blah, what's new? The problem is, when I click install anyway, it pauses for a minute or so and prompts me again.. I went through this little runaround about six times before I gave up. Any ideas?

Run the exe as administrator and it could get through more likely.

Anyways. Go to motherboard/computer(if it's a factory-built box) manufacturer site and download latest audio drivers, not just any Realtek AC97 drivers some random person on teh intrawebs links to you. Then do the above.

sgaltair

I ran it as administrator, no go. Went to compaqs site, downloaded the original and updated drivers, neither would install, returned this error:
Error: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\pft6684.tmp\
3052: Uninitialized Variable or undefined function
If (OSLangDec=="1028" || OSLangDec=="2052" || OSLangDec=="3076") Then

That's all the info on the error. Ran them both as admin.

sgaltair

Ok well I fixed it. I couldn't honestly tell you how, but I did. Thanks for the help anyway ;-)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online