1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vista Booting Problem Status: 0xc000000f

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by buberry43, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buberry43

buberry43 Thread Starter

This morning I tried turning my PC on and it started fine, it went to the Dell Logo screen, but then it continued on and went to a black page with an error on it. Everything the previous day had gone fine, nothing unusual happened.

It said it had a booting error so I thought, oh, well I can just use the F8 key and repair my computer or even restore it if need be. The F8 key would not work and my computer doesn't even go into safe mode. At this point I was concerned.

I am not using my computer, I am borrowing one from a friend. My computer is not working in any way, other then starting up and going to that black screen with the error information.

So here is basically all the information my computer gave me about the error:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

It then tells me to use the installation disk to repair it, but I do not have that disk.

It tells me to contact the system administrator or computer manufacturer if I do not have the disk.

The specific file not working is \Boot\BCD

It then tells me it has a problem with the booting configuration.

I'm not sure if I need to give you anymore information. Tell me if I do and I will try my best to give you it.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. buberry43

buberry43 Thread Starter

Thank you! I will try your solution.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Might be a problem with the hard drive itself not being detected -- if it's a laptop I would remove and reseat it; if it's a desktop I would open it (completely shutdown of course) and reseat the cables for the drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/856065