1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vista compatible?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Ron the Geek, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron the Geek

Ron the Geek Thread Starter

Hey, all. I'm starting to get machines on my bench - finally - that have one version of Vista or another installed. When I "clean-up" a machine, I use CCleaner, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot S&D and AVG free. I set these up so they don't all load at startup but have to be lauched by the user.

Are these programs compatible with Vista? Or are there other apps that are - free first of all - and better to use with Vista? Thanks!
    rtg :cool:

2. Ron the Geek

Ron the Geek Thread Starter

Found out that the current versions of each works fine with Vista. Does the fact that a user can't do a specific search for video files in Vista bother anyone else? I "clean-up" used machines for re-sale and, as you can imagine, there are often times various video files which are...inappropriate...to leave on the machine. I know I can search by file extension, but it was nice in XP that a user could search specifically for video files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/610698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice