Solved: Vista Defrag

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It doesn’t seem to work .. just hangs forever and never completes.
Sure would have been nice if M$ would let us see what’s happening like they did in XP

Anyway … Its it safe to defrag my Vista partition from my XP MCE partition ??

It is hard to see what's happening in Vista.

Yes, you can defrag from another installation. I use UltimateDefrag in Vista and need to use it offline in order to place my pagefile on the outer edge of the disk. I do this from an XP installation. I have also used the XP defrag with Vista offline with no problems. In fact, you can generally defrag more completely from another location.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Thanks .. I'll try that when I get Vista fixed (again)

Acronis DD wont install in Vista ...
So I just ran Acronis DD from my XP HD to resize the Vista C: partition ... on a second HD.
Booted to Vista .. set up my MCE only to find Media Player is gone ByBy.

Didn't even get a Get Well Soon card from M$ :mad:

Anyway this question's solved ... Thanks

There is no version of DD for Vista as yet, but you can use it just as effectively from the bootable DD CD.

Thanks for the followup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online