Solved: Vista, Event Viewer - system event log not recording

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SCalterego

System event not recording anything. It is empty, says "date is invalid(13)".

I have some flaky things going on like unexplained CPU spikes causing slowdowns and mouse drag. Also have video problems screen going blank then recovery.

I have reloaded video drivers to no avail. No system lockups or BSODs. I need to see system event log to debug. Other event logs OK. I am proficient on PC and have searched for event log problem. The Event Log service is running. Thanks.

hp pavilion dv9000
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.23, 10/3/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Adapter Type GeForce 8400M GS, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)

Did you check the - %SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\System.evtx file? It may be corrupted and you may want to rename it to .old and let it recreate itself.

SCalterego

Thanks for the response and right on.

I renamed the file and now my system log is worked, now I can view these darn flaky Vista errors.(I hope)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online