1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vista gaming issues!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by brian8474, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brian8474

brian8474 Thread Starter

:( Are there any games that work on Windows vista home premium? The only one that has worked for me is Realflight g3.5....Tigerwoods 05,nascar simracing and mvpbaseball 2005 do not work at all.Is this fixable right now???

2. wilson44512

wilson44512

you could try this. a friend of mine was having trouble like that. and he said it helped him.

let us know if it does help

[​IMG]

3. brian8474

brian8474 Thread Starter

Ok thank's i will try that .Thank you for your time.

4. brian8474

brian8474 Thread Starter

I have tried turning off uac and running these programs a administrator with no luck.I am just about ready to go buy xp and get rid of vista,Problem is my pc came with vista .I am afraid if i put xp on i will not be able to upgrade to vista when they fix all the problems because my pc did'nt come with the vista disks!

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What exactly is happening when you try to run those games? Any errors? Do you have the latest drivers for your hardware? Some hardware requires beta drivers for things to work - video drivers are quite problematic at the moment. What video card do you have?

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Could always try to run the games in XP compatibility mode too.

7. hihi

hihi

Well when i updated my computer to Vista everything was working fine. I tried playing Red Alert 2 and it works all fine when i start playing around 5-20 seconds witin playing the game all my people in the game die and it says Game Over.

is this problem because of Vista is there a way to fix this?? and does counter strike 1.6 and condtition zero work??

8. Zferret

Zferret

Hello,

I have tried for a month to get EA Nascar SimRacing to work on my notebook with Vista Home Premium. I have searched high and low for a driver update that is compatible with my Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 card on my notebook. Yesterday, I finally got it to work with no problems. Make sure you have the EA Nascar SimRacing update v1.029 installed first, and that you replace the 3DSetup file in the program folder with the one from Nascar Thunder 2004.

Here is what I did:

1. Went to http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/...p?showforum=72
    2. Downloaded the v163.74 Vista 32 bit driver update
    3. ALSO downloaded the Modded INF file
    4. Setup a new folder on my desktop (I called it "Nascar")..LOL
    5. Extracted the self extracting "16374_vista" into the Nascar folder on my desktop.
    6. Replaced the "nv_disp" file in this folder with the one I downloaded (drag & drop, then say yes to replace the older file already there)
    7. Ran "Setup" out of this folder to install the updated driver
    8. Restarted the computer after being prompted to.
    9. Ran "3DSetup" from the Nascar Simracing program file to set display options for the game
    10. Started the game normally, and it has worked for over 24 hours without an issue.

I have tried all of the tracks, and no problems. I hope this helps some of you who have also suffered frustration with this

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice