1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vista keeps Freezing (Skype 3.8)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by EnfoToad, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnfoToad

EnfoToad Thread Starter

I recently installed Skype (3.8). I then restarted my computer. After about a minute, my computer freezed up. The only way I could get out of this, is by physically holding the power button until the computer turns off. Everytime I login my computer freezes up again. I looked it up on the internet and it looks like a lot of people are having the problem with Skype and Vista. There aren't any answers out there. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thank You

Things I have already tried:
    1. Run in Safe Mode and uninstall Skype
    2. System Restore (in safe mode)
    3. Last Known Good Configuration (during boot)
    4. Doing following commands using Admin account in Safe Mode:
    regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll
    regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll

Side Note: This also messed up Firefox. I will try to post details about what happened to Firefox.

2. EnfoToad

EnfoToad Thread Starter

Here is how I fixed it:

Download the same exact installation for Skype and then right click and select "Run as Administrator." Now go through the entire setup. Then restart the computer and then use Control Panel to remove Skype. Restart one more time and the problem should be gone!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice