1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vista Login Screen has Account with name "Please logon ..."

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Opa Art, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Opa Art

Opa Art Thread Starter

I have an extra account showing on my login screen called "Please logon and initialize your device". I don't know how it got there and when I click on it a smaller message under this account name says 'Press ESC for the Welcome Screen. However it actually just returns to the main logon screen. Also it does not show up on the Manage User Accounts screen so I can't remove it that way. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this account (error).

The problem is solved. It turns out that my laptop has a fingerprint scanner and it needs to be activated when more than one user accounts exist.It allows a user to login in by fingerprint scan. Way cool!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/790485