1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vista Permission Alets

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by merrim19, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. merrim19

merrim19 Thread Starter

Every time I want to open a program or install, etc., I get an alert asking for permission. I obviously approve of it or I wouldn't have tried opening that file. Is there a general way to turn off these alerts so I can add or subtract programs without this alert??

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. leraje

leraje

OMG,
    I didn't know UAC had a quiet mode.
    Thx Elvandil:)

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Not sure what "quiet mode" actually is. But you're welcome. I think the tool is useful for those who want easy access to turning it on and off (Sometimes they might actually want it on, like when someone else is using the machine). And it saves digging for settings in Group Policy.

5. bigk

bigk

You can either tweak it or turn it off completely.

Click here to turn off UAC.

Personally I prefer it on because it doesn't bother me to much. (And I'm more secure with it on.) I would recommend to leave it on, but if you would like to completely turn it off the link provided will tell you how.

Bigk:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/740770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice