Solved: Vista Printer Driver for Lexmark X73 All in One

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jjgrandpre

Lexmark is not supporting a Vista Printer Driver for their X73 All IN One Printers, stating that they are too old. This printer works fine on my XP computer, but the only thing that it will do on my Vista Laptop is Scan. Is there not a generic printer driver that will allow to print from this laptop?

See this thread:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/7b7f10ab-c9e9-4120-864f-fda977b2ebc9/

"I am new to this forum but had to write in because it helped me w/my problem. I have an X73 also. Lexmark just sent me an email telling me they have no plans to update the driver for this printer to be compatible with Vista. However, this forum helped tremendously and I am now able to both scan and print with mine.

Here is what I did: I installed the latest (XP) drivers for my printer, making sure I did so as an administrator (by right clicking and choosing to load as administrator). I did not have the option to select XP SP2 compatibility mode either, so I just installed it. It installed the scan and copy control program, but failed on attempting to install the printer. The scanner works great. However, thanks to Mepis Man's post to use the Z42 driver, I went into the Printers program and clicked "Add Printer". I then chose the Z42 as my printer and set it up on the USB port and it works like a charm. It also works perfectly with my scanner as well (the printer integrates with the scanner).

I had been through many issues with this and was close to tossing it out until I came across this forum.

I can't be happier as I had been fighting this thing for the past 3 weeks and bemoaning the fact that I had purchased Vista. Thank you for your help on this forum!"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online