1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: vista scan result and information needed please

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by doj, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doj

doj Thread Starter

Hi again,,,just getting ready to install vista,, hopefully tomorrow,,,read loads just need a little advice on the last things before i go for it,,, Ran a vista scan to check software as i guessed i should be ok on the hardware and i am,,,,ran the scan from here,,,, http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...r/default.mspx ,,,, and heres the result of it as i need some advice on what some of these things are and where's the best place to get them from please
    1,,,System Devices,,,,,,, AMD Special Tools Driver,,,,,,,,, Advanced Micro Devices,,,,,
    2,,, System Devices,,,,,,,Silicon Image's Pseudo Processor Device,,,,, Silicon Image,,,
    3,,,Network Adapters,,,,,, NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller,,,,,, Nvidia,,,,
    4,,,Universal Serial Bus Controllers,,Maxtor OneTouch II ,,,,,,,,Maxtor,,,,
    5,, Other Devices,,,,,,,,, Patin Couffin engine,,,,,,,,, VSO Software,,,,,
    6,SCSI and RAID Controllers,, Silicon Image SiI 3114 SoftRaid 5 Controller,, Silicon Image
    They come under 3 sections ,,,,,Category,,,,Model,,,,,,and,,Manufacturer,,,
    I know it sounds really lazy not going to look for them and read about them but i have started and i am not quite sure about everything and a lot of you here know a lot more than me and would like to go for installing tomorrow but i would be greatful if you all could give a little bit of information please

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hopefully you aren't installing this on your main computer, right?

3. doj

doj Thread Starter

well as no one has helped out,, will it be better to install vista from xp pro as i will be able to get updates easier when installing vista,,, As i think if i install from a clean hard drive i wont be able to get the updates untill after full instalation and some people have had a bit of trouble with driver instalation. And i might get some of the drivers on the vista update. I wont be using my Maxtor OneTouch II with vista....( dont want vista messing with it ),,,, still need some help with the other information from my scan results please ( doj )

4. jhoegl

jhoegl

A simple visit to the manufacturers website will tell you if they have beta vista drivers or not. I know nVidia does for sure.

5. ~Candy~

There aren't many security programs that work with Vista yet. You said no one has helped out. I asked a question, I'm still curious as I've been playing with Vista for a while now and it's definitely not ready for prime time yet. If you expect to use it for everyday stuff, like XP, you are in for a rude awakening :eek:

6. jhoegl

jhoegl

AVG Anti-Virus works for Vista Beta 2 :)

Not the free version, the paid version.

7. doj

doj Thread Starter

i understand vista is not ready for a lot, just want to do as much as i can,,,, my main os will be xp pro,,, i dont expect to use it for everyday stuff,,, just want a play and make sure i got all the drivers and programs in hand and not to look for them later when i start having problems or cant run things,,,,, any free Anti-Virus about that work???

8. ~Candy~

If you follow the little pop window advice about having no AV software installed (once you get Vista installed) it will take you to a free download of EZTrust, it's good for a year. I had problems installing it on the first couple of Vista builds, but I think it installed on the Beta for me. I don't have Vista currently running at the moment.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice