Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Vista + Secured Network Connection

820 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  alex.0390 
#1 ·
Hello, I recently installed Vista Ultimate upgrading from XP SP3 and I've been having problems connecting to my router (D-Link DIR-625).

I have Vista on all my other computers and none of them have a problem connecting, and this computer was fine before when XP was installed too..

Specs:
20' iMac running Vista Ultimate with boot camp.
Network drivers up to date. (installed it off the bootcamp cd the 1st time and the 2nd time i just let windows update get one for me.. all to no avail)

Router:
D-Link DIR-625
Security: WPA Personal (TKIP) - (tried with every other type of encryption besides WEP) and the only time I can connect is when I remove the password fully and leave the network unsecured, but that's inconvinient).

So yeah basically I'm not sure exactly what to do, the password is set right, I've been trying for quite a bit of time now to make it work but Windows just says "Connection timeout".. I diagnose and retry and the same thing happens.

Anyone know what's causing this or maybe has some potential fixes? Please and thanks.

If all fails I guess I'll just buy a LAN cable and wire the connection.

Thanks again

See less See more
#2 ·
Fixed...

While browsing through your forums I decided to look around at the tweaks for Vista and one of them was talking about services, so while trying to speed up my computer a bit and remove services I don't really need I came over the "IP Helper" service.

Disabling IPv6 over the IPv4 (the process) seems to have fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.