1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: vista stopped connecting to wireless router

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Wollie, Mar 23, 2009.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wollie

Wollie Guest Thread Starter

I have three machines on my network two XP pro machines and one Vista machine. while I was doing some work offline micrsoft decided it was time to install a patch. The vista machine has never been able to connect since. it connects local access only. No problem with the other machines.
    I have done NETSH for ipov4 and ipv6 as well as catalog reset with no help. I went into the router to make sure it was still set up correctly.
    I am using a laptop to get into techguy. any suggestions?

2. Wollie

Wollie Guest Thread Starter

additional info i go to control panel, network and sharing center, view computers and network devices (in left panel) the network windo opens IT IS EMPTY my network card and my wireless card have disapeared

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/811969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice