Solved: vista to xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sabledog

im working on friends computer.. his wife needs xp instead of vista for work... so i have done a clean install of xp...computer working fine... internet ie 6 keeps locking up... but i havent installed all service packs either.. my problem is the sound.. it is intergrated and i cant find the driver using the dell service tag... they all say not supported... any ideas on how to get a the sound driver... i just cant seem to find one that works... also.. in device manager there is ... i have yellow question mark by pci and usb controller ... any ideas on this... thanks in advanced

cwwozniak

Chuck
If Dell started selling the computer after Vista was in common use, it is possible that Dell never offered compatible drivers for earlier versions of Windows.

Have you tried a search of the Internet to see if anyone with the same model of computer had the same problem as you and found found compatible drivers?

sabledog

got it... i did remember that when reinstalling dell drivers it is best to install them in order that they are listed... dont know why, but i just remembered from working on another dell.. thanks for your reply..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts