1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Vista will only boot into Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BigJohnJ, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigJohnJ

BigJohnJ Thread Starter

I have a friend that brought me their Dell Inspiron 1545 that is only a month old. She downloaded a program called
    "My faster PC" and now it will only boot into safe mode. I have tried system restore back to the day she first fired it up. also tried system repair by booting from the vista dvd. tried running MBAM but still will only boot into safe mode. BTW First thing I did was uninstall "My faster PC" Any ideals on how to get this thing to boot normally?

Thanks for the help.

John

2. joeten

joeten

Hi does it have service packs installed as that can cause a problem when trying to run a repair,have you tried to run system restore from the install or recovery disc

3. BigJohnJ

BigJohnJ Thread Starter

thanks for the reply Joeten. Yes I ran system restore from the vista DVD that did nothing. However, I did get it to boot into normal mode and I feel really silly it was such a simple fix. All I had to do was go into system config and click on the boot section and uncheck the boot safe icon. How simple was that? Just one of those things I never thought about but apparently the program she downloaded put a check mark in there and made it boot into safe mode every time the machine was rebooted.

Thanks again for your help.

John

4. joeten

joeten

Hi thanks for posting back with the fix,I can't say I would not have done exactly the same at the outset so good job

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice