1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Visual Studio 2005 professional installation fails!!??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by s_gowtham, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. s_gowtham

s_gowtham Thread Starter

I downloaded Visual Studio and burned them to two CD's.
    But ... the installation fails.
    It says that H:\_351_RTL_x86_enu_HTML_Designer.cab file is not found but it is there in setup directory
    !!!
    Just before that error i get another error unabe to write d.exe to the installation directory.
    I got this from event viewer.

The description for Event ID ( 1042 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: h:\vs_setup.msi, 1756, (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), , .

The description for Event ID ( 11311 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU -- Error 1311.Source file not found(cabinet): h:\_351_RTL_x86_enu_HTML_Designer.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it., (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), , .

The description for Event ID ( 10005 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2324. The arguments are: 6, D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\cl.exe, , (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), , .

The description for Event ID ( 11310 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition - ENU -- Error 1310.Error writing to file: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\cl.exe. System error 0. Verify that you have access to that directory., (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), , .

these have been repeated again and again help!!!!
    I have attached the log

Attached Files:

• gow.txt
      File size:
      533.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

From where did you download Visual Studio 2005 professional ?

3. s_gowtham

s_gowtham Thread Starter

From MSDN downloads section

4. Frank4d

The error log shows multiple errors trying to write to folders in D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8. Check that the account you are logged on to has write permission for the D: drive.

5. s_gowtham

s_gowtham Thread Starter

i am the admin.i have write access

6. Frank4d

7. s_gowtham

s_gowtham Thread Starter

sorry for not replying to this thread for a long time!!
    Anyway solved the problem it seems that D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\cl.exe had been corrupted on my hd . so when the installation tried to access it it just found a bad sector and gave an error.so i just ran chkdsk /F

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/952455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice