1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: VLC Player audio works, no video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sportsdude81, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sportsdude81

sportsdude81 Thread Starter

Every time i try to play any file in VLC I get no visual, but i do get audio. Also the screen goes black for a second and i get this message that says "your color scheme has been changed to vista basic because this program is not compatible with certain visual elements in windows." By the way my OS is Vista 64-bit and i have a hp pavillion dv6000.

2. nycmoonstar

nycmoonstar

Don't take my word for it caz i'm not expoert, but nobody else has replied. to my knowledge, there are very few programs that are compatible with the 64 bit OS whereas there are tonz for 32 bit Vista. Are you sure VLC is one of those few that are compatible with 64-bit Vista?

3. sportsdude81

it was working fine for several months. Then this started to occur when i dual booted with kubuntu.

4. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    Try turning off the extra desktop graphic effects esp. Translucent or Glass effects.
    1. Control Panel
    2. System
    3. Advanced
    4. Performance settings
    5. Visual Effects. Try Adjust for best performance or a custom setup.

5. sportsdude81

That worked. But why would that make a difference?

6. ferrija1

ferrija1

Something to do with Aero, I'd guess, but who knows these days with such complex operating systems.

7. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

FYI VLC has a new version.

8. sportsdude81

Yea, but i don't want to try it on a 64 bit OS until i hear it works, because i have heard there are some bugs.

9. ferrija1

ferrija1

There were bugs before, there are bugs now, and there will always be bugs (especially on the Mac with VLC :rolleyes:, but that's another story), I would go ahead and install it, there should not be any conflict and you might not hear anything about it on 64-bit.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice