1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: VLOOKUP across several sheets

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bleep69, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bleep69

bleep69 Thread Starter

Is this possible? I have lists that span several tabs in the same workbook, and want to summarize them on one sheet using VLOOKUP.

Any help appreciated!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    probably need a little more detail or a sample of what you want to do exactly - vlookup will work across sheets

3. bleep69

bleep69 Thread Starter

Sorry, I didn't realise until re-reading it how unclear it actually is!

I have a summary sheet, where I am looking to extract information from several worksheets in the same workbook. The problem I face is that I can only put 1 range from 1 worksheet in the VLOOKUP formula, but I want it to scan several worksheets.

If that's not clear, then I will post an example.

Cheers.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you probably need a macro to be able to scan across multiple sheets , not my area

5. bleep69

bleep69 Thread Starter

Ah. Ok, thanks.

I've forced a workaround in the meantime by just copying and pasting all the data onto one sheet. A bit ugly, but it works.

6. gurutech

gurutech

Use "Sheet1!" at the beginning of your vlookups. (or the actual name of the sheet, followed by an exclamation mark)

example: =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!F10:G20,2,FALSE)

The "Sheet1!" part can be used on any of the parameters except the last two (2 and FALSE).

7. bleep69

bleep69 Thread Starter

Thanks gurutech, will give that a try.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice