Solved: VM connected to VPN changed IP and now RDC isn't possible

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Adeea

Hey guys,

I ran into a bit of an issue today while testing a vpn software on a virtual machine(win7); I succesfully connected to vpn, then the connection dropped and since with the vpn connection another ip address was assigned, now I'm unable to communicate with that VM.
I am able to find it in SCCM via hostname, but can't reboot it or start anything on it.

Any input is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Adeea

Adeea

Ok, well, I solved it.

I removed the security group that gave me access to vpn from Active Directory and when it updated the group policy the connection dropped. Now I can access the vm again.

Putting it out there in case anyone else encounters this issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online