1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: VMware Server 2 & Ubuntu 10.04

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Synt4xError, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Synt4xError

Synt4xError Thread Starter

Anyone have good documentation on how to install VMWARE Server on Ubuntu? I am having some issues but I am guessing this is because I am using the installation documentation that is specificly for 9.04.

Hope all is well for everyone,
    Thanks,
    Synt4x

2. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

I would be very surprised if the installation has changed between 9.04 and 10.04.

Normally you just run the installer script for vmware and let it handle things.

What issues are you having?

3. Waterscope

Waterscope

4. Synt4xError

Waterscope, thank you very much for this. I will try this tonight after work and let you know the outcome.

Again, thank you!

5. Synt4xError

Jiml8, I forget the error. But when installing Vmware from start, I get some type of error and it says "Did not install" or something along those lines. I will try what waterscope offered and come back with the outcome.

Thank you for replying and also I apologize it took me this long to get back to you. I have had a lot to do last week.

6. Synt4xError

Thank you so much, it worked using that documentation!!!! Appreciate all the help guys!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice