1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: VMware workstation 11 VMDKs corrupt after repairing drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by XPUser1991, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XPUser1991

XPUser1991 Thread Starter

Windows said there was an error with the drive that i use for my virtual machines and i went ahead and let windows repair the errors not knowing that all of my VMDKs would be corrupt, in VMware their sizes don't show up, i did a web search and all i learned is that the vmdk descriptor file is corrupt, and i don't know if this is something that can be repaired or if i have to reinstall all of my VMs. I really hope i can just repair them, as i need some of these for school and i don't have the time to reinstall.

2. XPUser1991

XPUser1991 Thread Starter

only the recently created VMs were corrupt, and those weren't required for school so, i guess this is solved...? also, people should use this as a warning, if windows says your drive has errors and needs to be repaired and it contains VMs on it, maybe copy them off of the drive first then repair the drive. (note: i'm reinstalling the corrupt VMs as they aren't important as the others.)

3. prunejuice

prunejuice

...that people should regularly back up their important files/drives.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice