Solved: Voice assisted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dano_61

Hello

I am a personal care worker for retired high school principal with MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
Although he has no movement capabilities he still has various interests and uses the computer for learning, teaching etc.

I am looking for hardware, software which will allow him to use the computer on his own, if such exists

Dan

Dragon Speaking naturally is the benchmark of all speech-to-text software.
You can usually pick up the basic version for about $80.00 on Ebay though it comes with no manual.
You don't need it anyway as half the fun is training it to your voice characteristics and the Dragon Bar with all the menus is very simple and easy to use.
Pick up a GOOD quality pair of headsets/mike and you are away I guess!

dano_61

Thanks Cuttle

That sounds interesting, i wonder if it will allow him to surf websites on his own and turn pages

Dan

PCG342

Banned
Oh, good quality headset? I got the software and a headset/mic a few years back [like, 98] and it was TERRIBLE! I thought it was lousy software. But if you've had success with a better mic, I may have to dig it up...

PCG342 said:
Oh, good quality headset? I got the software and a headset/mic a few years back [like, 98] and it was TERRIBLE! I thought it was lousy software. But if you've had success with a better mic, I may have to dig it up...
The latest version has made many improvements and is great. I would recommend Dragon NaturallySpeaking too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online