Solved: Vol. fire company needs ACCESS help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
Our volunteer fire company has an ACCESS data base. One of the “queries” provides the basis
for a “form” that is used for the printing of address labels on paper or on actual stick-on labels.

We now have a member who can print addresses directly on envelopes. Is it possible to put the output
of the “query” or "form" on a floppy or CD so it can be loaded to his computer and then used to do
the envelope addressing?

I will be away until Sunday, so please be patient waiting for an acknowledgment from me.

Many thanks, {redoak}

It seems the 'Mail Merge' feature in word is what you need to work with. Label info can be exported to excel then use in Mail Merge tool. Its been a while since I used this but is found under Word\Tools. also a Letters and Envelopes option that I havent used...

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
Thanks for the reply and advice. I will try to work my way thru the procedure you recommend. I will be back with a report.

[redoak}

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
I have had success! I can go directly to WORD from ACCESS in the way you indicated for EXCEL.

{redoak}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online